Just in case your haven't heard Beth Revis is soon to release her new book in the Across the Universe trilogy, The Body Electric !Personally it was over a years ago that I read the final book in the across the universe trilogy, shades of earth. So I'm a bit hazy with the details so I thought I'd share my reviews that I wrote at the time (with spoilers):
Stars: *****
I enjoyed every minute while reading this book, it's so fresh and different. You could really tell that these characters had their own voice and I didn't even have to see the names to tell who was narrating each chapter. At first I didn't know if I would like reading a science fiction novel but this has completely changed my mind about the genre. I diffidently wont be so quick to judge different genres any more until I have tried them out. I can't wait to read the next book I bet it will be even better if that's even possible. Wow this book was amazing, I was engrossed with the story from the very first page, this story had so many twists and turns it kept my attention all the way through. I feel in love with the character and they where amazingly written, each character was well thought out and made the story even more vivid. This is nothing like what I have read before. Anyone whose thinking about reading this book, please just do it.
Stars: *****
This book defiantly built on the first book, and I can't decide which one is my favourite. I loved this mystery detective side to this book and the ending...It was perfection. I just want the next book now. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
Stars: *****
Can I just start off by saying those blank pages killed me ! How could Beth Revis do this to me. I literally cried my eyes out. This book was no disappointment like many final books usually are in a trilogy. The "Aliens" where such a surprise I expected some sort of aliens to be on the planet but wasn't expecting to find humans there. There where just so many twists and turns it was amazing and heart wrenching and dramatic. And just ahh !!!
Yes, I know. These reviews are short I'm sorry but I wrote them at the time when I read the books and I wanted to show what you what I thought of the books when I read them. But anyways October 6th is fast approaching and don't worry I'll be ordering The Body Electric as soon as I can. I'm so excited ! And with my birthday on October 2nd maybe I an persuade someone that I need a certain book.
No comments:
Post a Comment