Tuesday, 23 September 2014

So what do you want to do when you're older ?

This question....I have no real answer. Is that so bad?

Since I have just finished secondary school and started sixth form I find more and more people such as my teachers, parents and friends just expect me to know what I want to be for the rest of my life. In truth...I have no idea, of course I have dreams and goals for myself but the idea of a career it's just too much to think about. How am I at the age of 16 meant to know what career I want to pursue, I have gone from teachers and parents telling me what to do and how to do it to completely relying on my own judgements.  My future will be decided by the choices I make as a 16 year old with no idea where I want to go or what I want to do.

I know the things I like to do but these things change I'm not the same as I was a year ago and I won't be the same in a years time. So how can I make decisions on what to do in 5 or 10 years time ??? The only suggestion I can make is do what feels right, at the moment. I'm taking English, History, Philosophy and sociology. What can I do with these A-levels? I have no idea but I'll see where they take me and where I end up. Whether I go to uni or not is for the future and all I can do right now is have faith that I have made the right choices for right now in this moment.

What else can I do...

P.S
Just some random late night  ramblings of a teenage fangirl, oh and I'll welcome any comments questions, ideas, more rambling,s anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment